Wednesday 22 July 2020

Do what ever you want

A recent email to members mentioned difficulty deciding what to do and also a lack motivation. They were asked to share some tips for overcoming creative blocks. 

The "lack of motivation" and how to overcome the creative block resonated with Helen Welch. She says:  
    I've always been indecisive and with so many exciting things to try I usually end up doing none of them, exhausted by the thought of it all! One thing that I hope is helping me is to have a "Something" book on the go - I don't know what to call it as it's hardly a sketchbook, or a journal, but I have heard them described as a Creative Sketchbook. Basically you do whatever you want, putting colour - or anything - on paper. If there happens to be a bit of leftover paint around you could sponge or roller it on to get started. Anything goes - you can tear/cut off corners of pages if you want. It's your book and you never need show it to anyone! It's very freeing and great fun. I stencil, spray (sometimes using a fern from the garden as resist) stamp, do a rubbing, anything I can think of.

On one of the pages I have stuck a bit of Acrylic Skin on and another has a quote from the Dalai Lama - "Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."


No comments:

Post a Comment